Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The most boring thing in the world

So last Monday, I started watching a bit of the home run derby before I went and played volleyball. This event has become quite boring over the years as the hitters see about 40 pitches each and there are 3 rounds, it is pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, that's not the most boring thing in the world, and until today, it was second. On the way home from John's house after volleyball, I turned on ESPNRadio and actually heard the home run derby being broadcast on the radio! What's next, golf? Why is this thing on the radio? It was even called by one of the best voices around and the best baseball commentator on the planet, Dan Shulman, and I still couldn't get into it. Here's a little recap of how it sounded.

Shulman, "So here we are, David Wright up to bat and.... oh, there's a home run.... and Paul Lo Duca his catch... oh, there's another home run.... his catcher is pitching for him he.... that was is way back and gone... pitching for him here at the derby. If he does well, he ma.... David Wright is in a grove with his 4th home run in a row...."

So yeah, you get the picture, it was terrible. I've said this before and I'll say it again, if I suddenly had a commentator walking behind me all day and giving play by play of my life the list would look like this:

4. Brent Musberger
3. Keith Jackson
2. Gus Johnson
1. Dan Shulman

There you have it, my favorite voice to listen to couldn't even make this event exciting. Hey, ESPN, how about you not put this on the radio next year, so I can keep my sanity.

And that was the most boring thing in the world until I saw the lineup on ESPN tonight. Preceeding the World Series of Poker, which I don't know why anyone wants to watch poker, and I like playing poker and I hate watching it, was the WORLD SERIES OF DARTS!! Come on! How are either of these sports? Why do either of these deserve to be on ESPN? It just baffles my mind to think that enough people are sitting around and think, hey, instead of sitting and drinking and playing cards or sitting, drinking, eating, and standing to throw darts for a while, I'll just watch other people do it instead. How lazy are we?

If it comes to the point where there is a weekly eating contest on television, I am done with tv.

-Until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger hucklebuck said...

Nate, apologize to TV for what you just said. What's next? Giving up on beer? I agree though, without football and basketball both college and pro, the world of TV is a terrible place to be right now.

8:45 AM

 
Blogger nate said...

apology schmology. I am not apologizing. In fact, tv has been so crappy lately if it weren't for My name is Earl, the Office, Discovery Channel, HBO and reruns of Seinfeld and the Simpsons, I wouldn't watch anything

1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home