Monday, May 08, 2006

Morning Report

Yeah, so I know it has been a few days since the Morning Report came out. I’m sorry, but without further ado, let’s get right into it:

Reds
Cardinals -1.0
Astros -1.5
Brewers -5.0
Cubs -6.0
Pirates -12.5



Brewers 2 @ Dodgers 10

Starting out the west coast trip with a sweep at the hands of the Dodgers is not what the Brewers had in mind. They showed some heart in the first two games coming back to set up the Nomar heroics, but heart doesn’t always lead to wins. They have the day off today in order to regroup and then go to PetCo Park and take on San Diego who is red hot, have won 8 games in a row and are coming off a sweep of the hapless Cubs. Hopefully Ben Sheets’ shoulder will loosen up so he can get back in the rotation and help get the team back above .500.

Tuesday:

Brewers @ San Diego 9:05pm



Cubs 3 @ San Diego 6

I don’t know what to say about this team right now. 6 straight losses outscored 28-5 in those losses, 3 shutouts in that time. Tonight, they try to avoid their second straight sweep and have a rare Monday finish against the Padres. There just isn’t much good to say about this team except that it looks like Kerry Wood is going to be starting the 17th against Washington. After tonight’s game, they travel to San Francisco, so I wonder who the lucky Cubs pitcher will be to give up #715 to Bonds, my guess is Rich Hill. Gaddis and I will be at the game on Friday, all I am hoping for is nice weather. Don’t worry, I’ll come out of my funk soon, after all, I’m a Cubs fan, I should be used to this.

Tonight:

Cubs @ San Diego 9:05pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home