Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Tuesday Thoughts

I am sitting in my office on my lunch hour this Tuesday and I am pondering a few things. Most importantly is the fact that it seems as though our good friends at The Brew City Beat have taken some time off. I understand that Garcia just moved, but really, that is where I go for my most thorough and up to date news and information on sports in Milwaukee and the last post was a preview of the MLB draft. I want to see an NBA draft preview, considering the Bucks have the number one picks (I think we all know my feelings on that).



The U.S. Open was fairly entertaining this weekend. Tiger made a charge on Sunday, but was untimately held back by champion Michael Campbell, who completely broke down into tears after realizing he had just one, quite a stunning scene. The one thing which I really did not like about this tournament was the fact that Mr. Woods wasn't chastized nearly enough for what he did on Friday. After missing a ten foot putt on (I believe) number nine, Tiger raked his putter along the green, scuffing it for some three feet. This is uncalled for and is definitely behavior the top player in the world should not be exhibiting. I can't believe there isn't a penalty for doing something like this. I can't ground my club in a sand trap or it is a stroke penalty, but I can wreck part of the most sensitive area on the course, causing problems for other golfers and nothing happens, way to go Tiger, real classy.



A solid victory for the Cubs last night. I feel like every time I talk about the team, they go into a funk. Well, I'm going to talk about them here, so Brewers fans should be excited. It was an excellent game all around, and save for a Brady Clark error, probably would have gone to extra innings. The Cubs got to Tomo Ohka early, which was very important as he settled down and pretty much shut down their offense after the 3rd inning. Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez continue to have hot bats and Todd Walker provided a few hits to take some pressure off. What was so encouraging to me, though, was in the 7th inning when Mike Remlinger came in, inherited runners on 1st and 2nd and struck out the two men he faced to end the inning. After Michael Wuertz walked two in the inning, Remlinger came in to face Lyle Overbay and struck him out. Dusty Baker decided to leave the man with the hot hand in the game to face Carlos "El Caballo" Lee. Remlinger struck him out as well to end the inning and showed the emotion coming off the field that has sorely been lacking from this Cubs team this year (with the exception of Carlos Zambrano). Mike was fired up and let out a scream as he was headed back to the dugout while the rest of the infield came running in and patted him on the back. Hopefully we will see more of this emotion and fire from the team, because being 9 1/2 games back, something needs to get them going.

-Until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Filzen my friend, funny you should mention the lack of posts on the ole' bcb. Let me just say this, I will be back in one form or another this week, and I'm coming guns-a-blazin'. I don't know yet if it will be on the BCB, Our Turn Next, or on a current site Gaddis and I are toying with the notion of creating.

4:31 PM

 
Blogger Todd said...

I swirled into a tailspin after taking constant abuse from that milwaukee wings tour guy....I couldn't get over it and went into depression.

8:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home