Monday, May 23, 2005

Monday, Monday

So Afleet Alex wins the Preakness. Of course, I picked him to win the Derby so no, no he doesn't win that, but wins two weeks later at Pimlico, what a jerk!

Anyway, this weekend was spent playing softball all day Saturday in Beechwood, WI in a six team tournament in which we took 3rd place. I don't have to go over my affinity for softball again, just let me say it was everything I spoke of earlier, only more of it and for a longer period of time. The only bad part about softball is that in seemingly every league or tournament there is "that team". The team that every other team and fan doesn't like because they are just obnoxious. This tournament was no different, and luckily we beat "that team" in our last game of the night in extra innings. You all know "that team", it's like the one guy at the party who thinks a little too highly of himself, thinks everything he says is a riot, has had a little too much to drink, and doesn't care who he talks to or about at all. I hate "that guy" and "that team".


With Gaddis and Justin moving to Mad-city, we better start getting some inside info on the football and basketball teams by the start of the respective seasons next year. Plus, perhaps reviews of the different eateries and booze imporiums for those of us who aren't there on a regular basis.


I watched the Brewers/'Twins 11th innings yesterday afternoon and it appears that teams have now realized Derrick Turnbow has one pitch, his fastball, and he needs to throw it at least 4 times per at bat. This is why the Twins tied the game. Also, I can never believe when professional ball players make errors, especially like the one Junior Spivey made to lose the game. The only defense you could come up with for him is that he was so anxious to get the ball home, he never actually secured it in his glove, but even so, isn't acceptable.


Finally, I watched about 5 minutes of the Miami Heat/ Detroit Pistons game 1 tonight and realized two things. One, experience means a lot in the playoffs. The Heat were in the playoffs last year, but this is their first time in the conference finals, and Dwayne Wade was trying to do way to much against a solid defender in Tayshaun Prince. O'Neal is the only player with a lot of playoff experience on the team, so defending champion Detroit has the advantage there. Two, the Detroit Pistons are much, much, much, much better than I ever thought they were. I watched the beginning of the third quarter and they effortlessly went on an 8-0 run before Miami took a timeout and I started playing video games. Prediction- Detroit in 5. As I write this, I notice the game is 82-81 Detroit. So once again, this will probably prove that I know absolutely nothing. In fact, here's my new prediction, Miami in 6.

-Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home