Friday, May 06, 2005

Ramblings

Hey, hey, it's time once again for everyone's favorite type of column, the Random Ramblings. Ready? Here we go;

-One thing I forgot to mention from my last visit to The Keg was the fact that someone in the Bucket Head Brigade propsed to his girlfriend during the game. I HATE these things, and wish they wouldn't happen. When I own the Cubs and Gaddis is the GM, we will not allow such travishamoceries to happen in our hallowed stadium. I wish the woman who was propsed to would have grabbed the ring out of his hand and thrown it on the field, punched him in the face, dumped soda over his head, and walked out, but what can I say, I'm a romantic.

-Todd, it's Gimlet, not Giblet, surely you saw Gaddis and I drink enough of these during our years that you can remember the name.

-I'm not leaving my Yankees yet, and I feel weird saying "My Yankees", but oh well. They sucked when I started liking them, so I will stick it out, plus remember, I'm a Cubs fan, I'm used to suckitude. I will be wearing one hat when I am at the Keg June 6,7,8, my best friend, my black Yankee hat, it is a thing of beauty.

-I'll take Afleet Alex in the Derby.

-I may just mention the San Francisco Giants in every post I make from now on because there is a site which keeps track of any time the team is mentioned.

-Antoher note for Todd, in the Wednesday issue of the MJS, there was an article on La Crosse trying to curb binge drinking. In the article, many shots were taken at The Racquet. The shots included things such as, we don't need to have alcohol ads to make money, we are really running a classy paper this year, and finally the fact the name of the paper was changed to The Lantern to get away from the controversial and classless Racquet. I think I speak for all of those who worked for or read The Racquet when I say, ouch, but try breaking a bigger story than Todd and I did, er I mean alleged story.

-I am in full support of the end of the reign of the Oklahoma Sooners' baseball coach, by him resigning or being forced out. He did something he shouldn't have, and even though he apologized and everyone accepted his apology, it still can have an impact on players, and this was a way to prevent problems from arising. He took a page right out of the alleged G. W. handbook on this one.

-Marquette Gold, whatever. UWM fans are still going to hate the Warriors and Warriors fans are still going to have their noses in the air thinking they are better than other people. Can't you just see a Marquette grad saying the following to a UWM grad, "Yeah, well at least I'll have a degree and you'll be serving my kids fries on our way to Colorado for a skiing trip", a la Good Will Hunting? I'm not saying all Marquette grads are like this to anyone, I could just see someone doing it to a UWM grad.

-If chicks still dig the long ball, do they dig steroids as well? And, do chicks dig the long ball if it is a drive in golf, or a long pass or kick in football, or does it just relate to baseball and softball?

-I'll be golfing tomorrow, so hopefully the rain doesn't continue, and if I hit any more amazing shots or fail at trying to get a bartender's phone number, you'll read all about it on Monday.

-The thing I like about preferred parking is the fact that it takes about 2 minutes to get out of the parking lot after you get to your car. Sure, you may be a five minute walk from the stadium, but getting out of the lot first, is key.

-Anyone graduating this year should click here for collegehumor.com's top ten things to do at graduation.

-I wonder what Mel Kiper Jr. is doing today.

-While the play which led to Paul Pierce's ejection didn't look that bad, it was just a stupid play to begin with. He shouldn't have even looked like he shoved Tinsley, plus if he wouldn't have gotten the first technical, he wouldn't have been ejected. I just hope he isn't suspended for game 7, that would be a horrible penalty.

-Speaking of the NBA, dar-komisar, David Stern, really needs to relax and accept the fact no matter how big the fines are, people are still going to complain about refs.

-Don't look now, but the Milwaukee/ St. Louis series in Milwaukee the last weekend of September could be really, really big. And how come this isn't a bigger rivalry? Doesn't anyone remember 1982 when the AL Champion Brewers were defeated in the World Series by... the Cardinals? This should be a much bigger rivalry and will be soon.

-If the Nationals were to win the World Series, that to me would be the sports equivalent of "Andy crawled to freedom through five-hundred yards of s#*t smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want too" (The Shawshank Redemption). Almost being contracted, playing games TWO countries away for the past two seasons, slashing payroll every year, finally moving, and winning the World Series. That would do it.

-Unitl next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

good call on the gimlet, a horrible mistake on my behalf. I saw The Racquet article and am puling together a decent amount of facts to send to the JS Metro section editor seeing as how erronous the article was and I agree on the Cardinals/Brewers rivarly getting bigger and how it should be bigger already. happy drinking this weekend.

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home