Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday, Monday

I guess you are all expecting a big blowout draft recap spectacular, but you're not getting that. I only have a few things to say about the entire affair, so here they are:

-Does any care that much that Maurice Clarret was drafted by the Broncos in the third round? Do we really need to have this broken down?

-Has Mel Kiper Jr. already started working on next year's draft, and where is Mel Kiper Sr.?

-Chris Berman does nothing but decrease production value now.

-I LOVED the Packers pick of Aaron Rodgers. There was not a defensive player on the board which would have made immediate impact for the team, and none whose value is as high as Rodgers'. I was disappointed that the Packers passed on Shaun Cody in the second round, however, but oh well.

-Can anyone explain to me why the Lions have selected a wide receiver with their first pick the past three seasons?

-There is one thing I don't love about Aaron Rodgers, his quarterback coach in college is the same guy who coached, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr, and Kyle Boller. All top draft picks, but not stellar stats to this point.

-After watching part of it, I can't wait for my next draft in Madden.

-Finally, Gaddis and Justin were going to watch the draft together, so I want to know where the diary is.



Notes on the Crew and the Cubs will most likely be coming tomorrow, but I liked the way both teams played this weekend, some encouraging signs for both teams.

If I see one more commercial for the CBS Sunday movie, Riding the Bus with my Sister, I may throw my tv out the window. This movie looks absolutely terrible, and Rosie O'Donnell is prominently involved as a mentally challenged adult. First of all, I hate Rosie O'Donnell, and I mean HATE, cannot stand the woman. Secondly, one of the funniest movies I have ever seen (although it isn't supposed to be funny) is The Other Sister. Riding... looks like it will be nowhere near as unintentionally funny as The Other Sister.

Finally, can we stop lambasting people who forget the words to the National Anthem? I mean, it is a very difficult song to sing in the first place. The range of notes in this song is ridiculous. Not to mention the length, the difficult words, and the fact the only time anyone sings it, they are ON NATIONAL TV AND IN FRONT OF 20,000 PEOPLE LIVE! Cut these people some slack, please.

-Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home