Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hump Day

Well, at least it is Wednesday today, only 2 more days until the weekend, and approximately 48 hours until I make my 2005 debut at The Keg. I will be in attendance when the Crew takes on St. Louis. Hopefully Sheets will be on his game and Chris and I will see something special.

Am I the only one who sees a similarity between Lyle Overbay's swing this season and Jeromy Burnitz's? Lyle is simply swinging with an upper-cut and going for the long ball on every swing. Early last season when he was hitting nothing but doubles, he was using his wrists a lot more and slapping the ball into the opposite field with great regularily. This season, he is all shoulders and hips, I don't get why this happened and why it can't be remedied.

Speaking of players who have been and can be better again, Kerry Wood needs to remember how he was pitching during the end of the 2003 season and in the playoffs. During that time period, Wood struck people out when he needed to, but also used his fastball and slider to get batters to hit a lot of ground balls. He relied on his defense for a number of outs while still striking out many players a game. It seems like last season and this season, he has tried to do nothing more than repeat his 20 strike-out performance of 7, that's right 7 years ago. I realize 2003 was his best sesason as far as strike-outs go, but right now he is just trying to overpower people, instead of outpitching them. He needs to trust his off-speed stuff and throw the right pitches at the right time, not simply throw gas and miss with off speed pitches.

Let me clear up that I don't hate the Red Sox, I am just sick of hearing about it. I almost wrote in my post yesterday that I know I will act the same way when the Cubs finally win, but I simply forgot to add that part at the end. I will be one of the most annoying people around when the Cubs win it all, but until then, Red Sox fans can SHUT UP! I also realize we are supposed to have some sort of brotherhood of heartbreak and misery with Sox fans, but they won, we haven't, I'm sick of hearing about it already. Plus, the brotherhood is dead. It's like we got divorced and they got the house, the cars, and won the lottery. They know our pain, but will never be on the same level with us again.

I don't recall ever saying anything bad about Iowa or anyone from that state before in any of my columns or anything I have ever written or said. But after AndDro keeps mentioning Iowa and how it gets no love, I am now going to write that I am starting to hate everything about the state, everything it offers, and anyone who has ever lived there.

So, if the Badgers win the Big Ten in football next season and the Packers are playing the Seahawks with something on the line, what are we supposed to do? Do we cheer for the Badgers to lose enough games so they don't make a New Year's Day Bowl? I guess we can cheer for them, like always, to go undefeated, so they play in the Rose Bowl (it is the 2006 National Title Game), but if they lose a game, and still win the Big Ten, we may have a decision to make (insert whatever Big Ten team you cheer for in this equation).

I faxed Ron and Pat today about livbetes, the wheels are in motion.

Does anyone realize the NHL playoffs should be in full swing right now?

It's awesome when you show love for your friends' website, but they don't return the favor, and Justin, I am with Gaddis in saying there is no way Mike Williams goes any lower than 10.

-Until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

I don't know how to add links to the site. If one of you fine gents would care to email/phone/fax/telegraph me some directions, Our Turn Next will appear under the misspelled Journal SentinEl link.

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Justin said...

first of all, I spelled it right and it looks like shit, secondly, I did add a link but for some reason you don't see it. I added a ton. The brewers, bucks, packers, your site, brewerfan.net, packersnews and on and on

6:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home