Sunday, April 10, 2005

Watching Golf

I tried to post this on Thursday night before Master's weekend, but for some reason, blogger wouldn't let me. Gaddis wanted to know how he could cheer for his favorite golfer, or show support, because y0u can't just wear a jersey or hang a poster or whatever.

Here's how I watch golf, and since I doubt anyone has ever written a column on how to properly watch golf on television, I will be the sole authority on the subject. I like to be in my basement and at least have one other person watching the event with me. It just makes it seem more like an important event if someone else is there. Having a beer or a few beers while watching definitely makes watching golf a little easier, especially for those people who don't normally watch golf. Any kind of normal snack food is acceptable. The final piece of the puzzle when watching golf is selecting the club you have nearby when golf is on. I like to have my pitching wedge in hand. Some people may elect a bigger club, because it could do more damage if your favorite golfer is doing bad. Some people may also choose to putt during a golf tournament, which I have done, but it takes my attention off what is on the tv. For Gaddis, holding a picture of Phil's wife will also help, or if you're a Tiger fan, a picture of Elin will suffice.

However you are going to watch, make sure you watch this afternoon, something special is going to happen.

-Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home