Monday, April 18, 2005

The Keg

Well, my experience at The Keg on Friday was pretty good. Chris and I got to the stadium, parked, and got to our seats about one minute before the first pitch, so good timing there. The seats we sat in that night and I will sit in 8 more times this season are located about half way down the third base line, in the loge (second) level, the second row, and right at the end of the aisle. The seats are really nice.

However, I of course have some problems with these seats. Like every single seat at The Keg, they face straight forward. If I sit straight in my seat and don't turn my head at all, I see the visiting bullpen. I have to either turn in my seat (which is almost impossible) or turn my neck for the entire game. I don't like this one bit. Why can't they just design stadiums to have the seats turned ever so slightly towards the middle of the field? I don't get it. The other thing I don't like about the seats is that the peanut guy doesn't throw the peanuts at us because we are right at the end of the row. Instead, he just set the peanuts down on the back of the chair in front of us. This is something that may bother me all season.

Other than these things, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. The $24 I spent on two beers, two hot dogs, and nachos wasn't as bad as the inability of Ben Sheets to throw the ball to first base. The game was played very well by both teams except for Sheets' two errors and the ill-advised throw from left field to home by Geoff Jenkins when there was absolutely no chance of getting the runner, and it allowed the batter to move to second base and eventually score.

The game lasted 2 hours and 13 minutes, perfect time for a ball game. I had just finished my nachos when the bottom of the ninth began, and Chris and I were both ready to leave when the game ended. I know I won't see short games all season, but the first one was nice.

Season record with me at The Keg: 0-1
Weiner race winner: Italian
Next Game: Tuesday, May 3- Cubs.

-Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home