Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Hump Day

Wow, it's Wednesday again already, and for most of you reading this now, Thursday. Just a few thoughts as I sit here and drink my Gatorade (free plug right there, seriously, we should get advertising money) after another night of 0-3 volleyball. We have now won just 3 games (yeah, games not matches, games) in our last two seasons, why do I keep playing? I'll tell you why, and remind myself. Men aren't the only people playing on this night, so at least the scenery isn't all bad.

Anyway, onto my few thoughts.

First of all, I'm sorry I wasn't at the draft party. In my defense, two things: The only thing I heard about the draft party was on Thursday of last week when Gaddis said, "Yeah, I'm going to Justin's for the draft", and second is the fact my brother was in town for the weekend and I actually wanted to spend time with him. Gaddis pulls this crap all the time, going to Madison to hang out with his family, and all he gets are some harmless phone calls that harrass him a bit. I get pummeled on the blog.


Who is your horse in this year's Derby?


I am going to be completely honest here guys (and when I say guys, I say it because I don't think any women read this. If there are any who read the blog, I would love to see a comment from you, just so I know we actually have female readers, and so I keep from offending anyone in the future), the Cubs may not lose from now until when I see them on Tuesday at The Keg. Granted, they only have 4 games until then, but the way they won today, coming back, bullpen doing okay, Patterson walk-off, team going crazy at home, they are about to go on a streak. Not just a quick 5-6 game streak, I'm talking like 8 in a row, 17-20 type streak.


The NBA season should go from March 1 to April 15 and then the playoffs should start. These games have been excellent and are starting to remind me why the NBA was my favorite thing to watch as a kid, and I don't even think things like, "Man I wish Jordan was still playing" nearly as much anymore.


I completely agree with JG's take on the Ahman Green situation, for further elaboration, click here.


Since we are trying to get people to call Miller Park, The Keg from now on, I wanted to pass this idea along. Well, first let me say this. Some people are confused by our belief system and think we want the name of the stadium to be changed from Miller Park to The Keg. While that may be our long-term goal, for right now we just want the nickname for the park to be The Keg, kind of like the friendly confines is for Wrigley. Eventually maybe even, The Keg at Miller Park, or something like that. We just think The Keg is a great thing to call the park. That being said, if anyone knows anyone in the marketing department for the Brewers, pass them this little idea (if it gets picked up, I of course want full credit). If people start refering to Miller Park as The Keg, think of the sales for an opening day tee shirt which reads, "I Tapped The Keg: April 6, 2006", or whatever day opening day happens to be, or "Tapping The Keg: April 6, 2006", or "Come Tap the Keg: April 6, 2006", something like that, with graphics and the matchup for the game. What high-school or college-aged kid who is trying to be cool wouldn't kill to have that shirt? Plus, people always want something which distinguishes them from other people, something saying, I was there and you weren't, a status symbol. This is exactly that. Much like the Bucket-Head Brigade tee shirts, except we could sell 20,000+ of these things. Am I the only one who thinks this is a GREAT idea? Please give me feedback.


-Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

ok, yes remember me, the girl whose site you linked to, well yes, i still read the blog, good work - keep it up!

10:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home