Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday Monday

La Crosse was excellent this past weekend, nothing but golf and good times. Plus some exciting things happened in the world of sports over the weekend as well.


The Kentucky Derby was run on Saturday and Giacomo pulled off the second biggest upset in the history of the race, holding off Closing Argument and Afleet Alex. If you would have bet $2 on Giacomo to win, you would have won $102.60. Unfortunately, I did not bet on Giacomo, and lost my money. The thing which really upset me though is that I missed the race. After I finished golfing on Saturday, I took the golf cart back to my brother's house to quickly get my checkbook, and by the time I got back (approximately 7 minutes later), the race was over. The Kentucky Derby is one of the best events to watch on television. You don't have to watch all 5 hours of coverage, but just make sure you are by a TV for the most exciting 2 minutes in sports, or you'll feel like you missed something like I do.



Golf on Saturday was great. The course, Fox Hollow, was in excellent early season condition and the weather played along quite nicely. The 18 hole memorial scramble event we played in during the afternoon was a great event and couldn't have been more enjoyable. I didn't hole-out from the fairway on any holes, but did have a nice shot on the par 5 11th. From about 280 yards out and in the rough, I hit driver off the deck to within 4 feet of the hole, which led to our team getting an eagle. We finished the round at 12 under par, only 2 shots out of the money, but there is nothing better than being out on a course all day, having a few drinks and golfing with good people.



Three more quick notes; too bad Sergio Garcia can't hold onto a lead (and people wonder why he hasn't won a major), I don't think Steve Nash should have been named MVP (that's a whole other column), and the Cubs really needed that victory yesterday so hopefully that will start the turn around for them (considering they are 2-7 since my prediction of 8 wins in a row and 17-20, I needed that win more than they did).


Finally, hope you find the new link layout a little more user friendly. If you have a site you would like to see on our links, feel free to post a comment, and we'll do our best to get it up.


Actually, this is finally. In the ramblings I wondered "do chicks still dig the longball". I was hoping this would evoke a response from one of our female readers, considering the question is about women. And, much to my delight, I got a response, except it was from Gaddis! Now, I'm all for opinions, but Matt, this question was for the ladies (or lady) who read our site. So, if any of them would like to answer the question I am all for that, but Gaddis, let's let them answer before we start trying to answer questions for them. That's one step away from us thinking we know what they think, and we all know that is no where near the truth.

-Until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Where's the "Gay Sports" section, I saw "Straight Sports" but I can't seem to find "Gay Sports"

4:01 PM

 
Blogger Lindsay said...

just so you know, my blog address changed to linzerbinzer.blogspot.com . i don't really care if you keep the link or not, but if you do then you should at least update it so it works ... ok that's all for now :)

12:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home