Friday, July 15, 2005

The Prubs

I know I was going to write about 87 games in for the rhymes with Prubs, but considering it seems like everytime I write about them, they go into a funk, I decided against it. Yes, I am being very superstitious, but if it works, I'll be happy. So, this will be good news for most of you, don't look for any more columns on the rhymes with Prubs from me.

About the Preston Wilson trade, I can't believe the Nationals got him. Going into the break they were averaging the least runs in baseball, and were getting by on their starting pitching and surprisingly good bullpen. Now that they have added a bat like Wilson's to the lineup, the offense will undoubtedly produce more runs. In his first game with the Nats, he went 1-4 with a home run in a 4-2 loss to the Brewers yesterday. Don't let the 2 runs fool you, Washington is going to score some runs this half of the season. I still don't think they are going to win the East, but this move lets the fans in D.C. know something the fans of Montreal haven't known since 1994, the owner cares about this team.

-Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

.258, 15 home runs and 45 RBI. Those are his stats with the Rockies. He has 77 strike outs in 267 at bats, which basically equates to one per every four at bats. Yes he hit a home run and went 1 for 4 yesterday, but lest we forget he hit the home run in the hitting haven that is Miller Park. He also fanned once in that game. What this long diatribe is trying to say is that Preston Wilson is overrated, and not the player the Nationals need. Strikes out too much, and all of his big years came in Colorado. Is he an improvement, sure, but they need to continue acquiring some help because he won't getit done. Like I said, all of the guys big number seasons in terms of homers and RBI's came in Colorado and now he's going to be hitting in RFK? Not good.

8:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home