Friday, February 20, 2009

Congrats Homestead Girls

The season came to an end last night for the Freshman girls basketball team at Homestead High School with a great victory over Cedarburg, 46-20. I just wanted to say that this was a great experience for me and appreciated the chance to sit on the bench during games and help with the game management. I've never been closer to a team that my brother has coached before and wish everyone on the team the best of luck as they move forward with their careers. I sincerely hope each one of them goes out for the JV team next season and sticks together for the next 3 years, as they could do something special when they are seniors.

It seemed like such a long season when we started, but now, I can't believe it's over. Each player made some great strides, and the team got much better as a whole from the first game to last night's game. They are playing so well right now, it's a shame we have to be done, because it would be very fun to watch this team play and grow for another few weeks. But as the seasons turn, so do the teams we coach. I'll never forget this team and what a great season we had.

So here's to you; Kacie, Emily, Lauren K, Madeline, Brittney, Melissa, Jordan, Rachel, Megan, Kate, Cassandra, Lauren L, and coach Filzen. Thank you for a great season and for letting me be a (small) part of your team.

-Until next time...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home