Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Daily Brew 9/21

It was a pretty big night last night, and I'm not talking about sports. Last night featured a pretty big matchup between the Brewers and Cubs, but that's where my sports interest ended.

Yeah, lets just say I got a lot of mileage out of the DVR, brought to you by Charter (just like my paycheck) as we saw the series premiere of My name is Earl, the season premier of Nip/Tuck, and how could we forget The Real World?

Toss in a quick game of Madden, and a trip to two different grocery stores (don't ask) and my night was pretty full.

All in all, I was slightly disappointed with the evening. The positives were the Brewers win, and My name is Earl. I liked the show, but it may be due to the fact that I'm a fan of Jason Lee.

It wasn't overly funning, and I didn't walk away saying "Wow, that show was great" but I liked the premise of it, and it held my attention.

As stated earlier, the crew picked up a big win over the rival Cubs in their quest for .500. Doug Davis took the mound and struck out 10, but shockingly picked up the win. I think he's now 1-2 in his last 49 starts.

Editors note here, please, PLEASE, fire Sutton, and Brainerd. Schroeder is pretty bad too, if he goes I have no problem, if he stays he's got one year to prove himself. These guys bring nothign to the broadcast, what so ever. All Sutton does is talk, and all of it is pointless, wrong, annoying or irrelavent.

Memorandum

To: Darron Sutton
From: People who view sports on TV on a regular Basis
CC: Bob Brainerd

Dear Darron,

You are a televison play-by-play man, television not radio. YOU DO NOT NEED TO MINDLESSLY FILL THE ENTIRE BROADCAST WITH SPOKEN WORDS WHEN YOU ARE ON TV, AGAIN THIS IS NOT RADIO!

Please stop saying, "Get some runs," stop yelling when average plays happen, stop metioning Leinnekugels, and stop overhyping all Brewers players.

I really don't care to know if people in the bucket head section feel Howie Long would be a good fit, or if he is invited to the Buckhead Brigade section. I change the channel everytime a certain lanky blonde annoying guy comes on the screen.

Thanks,

All of Southeast Wisconsin

P.S. Stop trying to give us baseball advice, why would we want to take advice from a guy who has pitching in his genes and yet couldn't even hack it as a AA pitcher, and I know this doesn't fall on you, but tell your boss to stop with the "Bill's Grill" segments.

That's it for now.



Anyway, I though Nip/Tuck was kind of disappointing. They fooled my by having the whole funeral setup and making me believe that the carver actually killed Christian. So it started out good with that, but then they wasted the entire episode on removing the huge lady from her house, and eventually her death. I really didnt' need to see her on screen for an hour, no offense.

Lastly, the Real World is starting to get real annoying and borderline unwatchable. Johanna got arrested, Wes got drunk, and Melinda and Danny continued this three week in the making fall out.

Oh my god, I really wanted to kill myself while hangliding while watching that last night. Danny wants his space, Melinda loves Danny, Danny doesn't want to hurt Melinda, Melinda gives him his space, Danny meets other girls, Melinda hates Danny.

Ohh my god, I can't take it. I'm not in college anymore, I can't take this soap opera saga. The best thing that came of the episode was the preview for next week. Let's just say Wes is pulling off the crazy-scorned-love sick-psycho-stalker role perfectly.

Man, I gotta recoup. Hasta manana.

7 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

Can we start a petition to get these guys fired or what?

10:05 AM

 
Blogger nate said...

By the way, www.firedarrensutton.com is not yet registered...

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Justin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Justin said...

How about bobsanderssucks.com, better yet urbanmeyerisoverrated.com? Like I said in a post a few months back, I wouldn't give up on Schroeder just yet. I don't remember loathing him when Vasgersian was with him. I think coupled with the right partner he wouldn't suck too much. Sutton is horrible though. Right now I'm conivinced that if I lost my sight tomorrow, I could STILL step in and do a better job of calling the action than him.

11:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin, who should replace them. Wait, I've got it. Let's have Magic Johnson and John Madden doing the broadcast. But who could we get for the wackie guy in the stands. Hmm. I've got this one too. How about Bill Walton. Give these guys a break. First of all, what great announcer would really want to cover the Brewers. These guys bring energy, excitement, and good information to the game. Well, at least they're not covering the Cubs. Then they'd really have to reach for excitement.

6:32 AM

 
Blogger Todd said...

Please tell me you're joking about Sanders being the best DB to come out of the Big Ten since Woodson. Ever hear of Troy Vincent or Ty Law?

2:40 PM

 
Blogger Justin said...

Fabos, please tell me you too are joking because both Vincent and Law entered the league at least three or four years before Woodson. And Andro, what is the big deal with Bob Sanders? He sucks, good college saftey, backup pro. You can't compare safties to corners anyway, because I'll take a good corner over a saftey any day. Oh and of the best db's from the big ten to enter the NFL since Woodson, Sanders isn't on that list. It reads: Ahmed Plummer, Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield, Shawn Springs, and maybe eventually Chris Gamble. Anyone else notice that there are no safties on that list, and they all come from, Gaddis say it with me, THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY.

4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home