Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I Hate Power Outages

I really wanted to write something yesterday about the football games from the weekend and every thing else happening, but alas, as I was writing, the power went out, so I lost everything I was writing. I'll tell you this, having the power go out at 6:15 and not come back until the next morning is horrible. I can't imagine what those in New Orleans and Mississippi went through and are still going through.

Anyway, here's the quick version of the happenings from the weekend:

- After watching Texas beat The Ohio State University (that's for you Osowski), I only have one thing to say, um, does anyone want to get in line right now for next year's game in Austin? Seriously, I'll go if anyone else wants to. An absolutely outstanding game which came right down to the wire. Vince Young looked good, not as good as I thought he would based on the way everyone was gushing over him, but he did exactly what he needed to in order to give his team the victory, and that's what your quarterback must do. I predicted this game would be an instant classic, and it was in every way. Hopefully it will be on ESPN Classic soon so I can watch it again. The worst thing about the game is happening now that the game is over. Ohio State tight end Ryan Hamby is receiving death threats because of his third quarter drop, absolutely disgusting. I hope he doesn't pay any attention to these idiots and keeps playing his game.

- The Walker injury is about as bad as the Packers looked on Sunday. Granted, many people picked the Lions to beat Green Bay on opening weekend, but the Packers simply looked bad. No other words to explain it. The only thing which looked good, well, not good but better than advertised, was the defense. Thank you Ted Thompson for bringing in Jim Bates, the defense is only going to get better over the next few years. Now if only we could do something about that Sherman fellow...

- The Monday Night game was pretty good. The fight beforehand was one of the highlights and the 48 people ESPN had there for the pregame couldn't stop shouting about it. Seriously, put it back in the studio, I would rather not see the people right on the scene than have the commentators screaming into their microphones. Other than that, I still hate Stuart Scott and Michael Irvin is flying in right behind him at number 2. Irvin doesn't add anything to the broadcast except for talking really loud and then fading out and chuckling. Listen to anything he says from now on, he starts out quite loudly with a lot of hand gestures and then ends up talking soft and low, almost mumbling and chuckling. Add to that Ron Jaworski (who is one of the great analysts ever) and Sal Paloantonio (sp?) and their undying love for the Eagles and the show is going downhill. I will make this vow after hearing Jaworski giving his reasons for thinking the Eagles would win (and not even giving a reason other than, the Eagles will win), I am going to take of the Cubs blinders from now on and be unbiased in writing. I have already done this with the Packers, I am a fan and a realist and will be so with the Cubs from now on.

- Here is a great read on the fight before the game on Monday Night Football and a theory which I didn't consider, but now completely agree with.

- That's really all I have, I was looking forward to watching the Brewers go above .500 on national television and not having to listen to Darren and Bill, but of course ESPN is showing a different game in the Milwaukee area, so I have to suffer through the worst broadcast team in MLB. Oh well.

- Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Sherman has the final say on all assistant coach hirings, not Uncle Teddy.

9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home