Wednesday, March 02, 2005

State Basketball Tournament

A little information regarding the state High School basketball tournaments for those of you who are interested.

First of all, both of the tournaments will be televised live on I believe FoxSportsNet again this year. The semi- finals and finals of divisions 2,3, and 4, and quarter-finals, semi-finals, and finals for division 1 will be televised. The girls tournament starts Thursday, March 10th at 9:00am and continues through the Division I Championship game on Saturday night, the 12th. The boys tournament has just gotten under way and will be at the Kohl Center for the final rounds the week after the girls; as coverage begins on Thursday, March 17th at 9:00am.

I will absolutely have a preview of the teams which make it to Madison before the tournament begins for the boys, I don't know yet about the girls, because I don't know enough about them. I will comment on every game played for both the boys and girls, though. Quick picks and players to watch for the boys side are:

Division 4: Randolph Rockets- Ryan Tillema- Sr. Forward
Division 3: Whitefish Bay Dominican Green Knight- Walter Blount Jr.- Sr. Guard, Ben Hailey- Sr. Forward
Division 2: Racine St. Catherine's Angels- Cordero Barkley- Sr. Forward
Division 1: Milwaukee Vincent Vikings- Marcus Landry- Sr. Forward

Detailed predictions and players to watch and why will come at least the day before the teams begin play in Madison, I need to do some more research and catch a few more games. One final note though, Whitefish Bay Dominican may be the best team in the state regardless of division. They will play their sectional final game at my old High School in West Bend on Saturday, March 12. I'm just letting you know in case you would like to see this team in person. I will be unable to attend because I will be in Chicago on a fact finding trip with Gaddis and some other correspondents, but will have two representatives at the game who will fill me in on the details. I pretty much know the details of this team, they're really, really good. If you would like to go to this game, let me know in a comment and I can try and get tickets for you, or see if I can arrange for you to get in the door for free. Anyway, expect to hear more about high school basketball the next few weeks.

If you want more in-depth information right now, a great site for High School Basketball is www.wishoops.net. You can get to it here or on the side with our other links (you will notice if you go there how similarily we feel about our State Champion Predictions).

-Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home