Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Tuesday Thoughts

Well, it's March, thank God. Soon the snow will be melting, the courses will be green, the tourney will start, opening day will be here, and before you know it, the Master's will be on (the official beginning of Spring in my world).

Tonight I am looking forward to watching the Wisconsin/Indiana game at the Kohl Center. We will see if the Badgers can get back at the Hoosiers after losing at Indiana 74-61 back on January 8th. I like the Badgers in this game, and I like them big. After a disappointing loss at Michigan State, Wisconsin beat a tough Ohio State team, but really need to beat Indiana. The Hoosiers are a team on the bubble for the tournament, and a victory by the Badgers should burst Indiana's bubble and also get Bucky in position for a six seed. The win by Indiana over Michigan State definitely helps their tournament chances and whoever wins this game is probably a lock for the tournament. If you don't know the game is on ESPN tonight at 8:00.

With Spring Training games getting under way tomorrow, we are rapidly approaching the beginning of the season; so keep looking for my division previews. This week it will be the AL East, will it be the defending champs, annual favorites, the Yankees, or the Sosa- added Orioles?

On a final note, I had an interesting discussion with one of my good friends yesterday. He asked me where Brett Favre ranked on my list of all-time greatest quarterbacks; but then changed to wanting to know my top five. I then asked for his list. Below are my picks just off the top of my head from last night when I was asked. His picks are in no particular order and will be below mine.

1. Joe Montana
2. Johnny Unitas
3. Brett Favre
4. John Elway
5. Dan Marino

Montana, Favre, Unitas, Brady, Elway.

I would love to see what other peoples' top five would be, in order or not, just leave a comment. Then after enough people have put in their top five, I'll tally it up and figure out what Our Turn Next readers think the top five quarterbacks of all time are.

-Until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...here we go!

1. Joe Montana
2. Brett Favre
3. Tom Brady
4. John Elway
5. Steve Young

11:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home