Monday, February 28, 2005

Slow Weekend

Well, I didn't see much on television this weekend because I was in West Salem (near La Crosse) visiting my brother and his cable isn't hooked up in his new house yet. However, his house is right on hole number 2 of Fox Hollow Golf Course and is less than 2 city blocks away from the clubhouse and bar. The only sporting event I was all weekend was a Division Three Girls basketball Regional Final game in Westby between West Salem and Sparta. I am happy to say West Salem won.

You will notice a shift in direction of my writing over the next few weeks, as the High School Basketball tournaments are both in full swing starting Tuesday. I ref basketball and my brother coaches high school basketball, so you can see why I get excited about it. You will be getting in depth reports of any games I may go to, and for sure get in depth reports on all of the televised games starting one week from Thursday. I love high school basketball, so I hope you enjoy reading about it.

I did get home in time to watch the outstanding Oklahoma State/ Kansas game. This was one of the best games I have seen all season and may have been one of the most intense I have seen since the NCAA Semi-Finals last season. The one thing which is kind of maddening, however, is the fact Kansas always seems to get one or two or three calls which are tremendously in their favor during a game. Yesterday there was a goaltend which wasn't called and would've given OK State 2 more points; they lost by two. I also thought when Joey Graham went in for a slam late in the game and missed, he was fouled by Christian Moody when Moody came in swatting at the ball and hit Graham across the shoulder. I know referees miss calls, I mean, I really know that referees miss calls, but it just always seems to happen against visitors to Allen Fieldhouse. At any rate, it was an outstanding game, and both of these teams are going to go far in the tournament.

That's all for now.

-Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home