Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Driver thinks Favre is done

It seems as though Brett Favre will not be playing another season in the NFL; at least that's what Donald Driver thinks. The Packers wide receiver made these comments on a Sirius Sattelite radio interview today.

If the 2004 season was Favre's last, I say thanks for the memories and enjoy your retirement. I am not going to get sentimental and start discussing everything I will miss, because Favre hasn't officially said anything yet. However, I will say this, I hope that when he decides to retire (if it isn't before next season) he states something like, "This is my last season" because it will give all of us one more opportunity to watch him play. Plus it would be good for him because he would basically get a free pass from everyone in that season. No matter what he did, people would resist writting bad things about him, because it is his last year, and that could be good or bad for the team, but it would give the fans what they want. Either way (if he comes back or not) they are not going to win another Super Bowl, so if Driver is right, I'm fine with Brett's decision.

Check back for more updates as the information comes in.

-Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home