Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Rambling like a School Girl

-The 99 worst things about sports needs to be read by everyone.

-From the male part of a duo who celebrated their 30th anniversary today, "The Packers should trade Donald Driver to get a linebacker or safety for him. Ferguson is going to be better than Driver and Donald is small, short arms the ball occassionally, and will get hurt this year, trade him for someone who will help the defense." You know what? I am all for improving the porous defense of the Packers, but who would be the third wide receiver?

-I can't believe Lazer103 no longer exists. This absolutely shocked me when I heard about it yesterday. 18 years of rock in Milwaukee is gone and it has been replaced by The Hog, a station like The Brew, no deejays, almost constant music, and a lot of variety. Not sports news, but big news to radio listeners here in Milwaukee.

-I don't get Barry Bonds. First, he's on the shelf for the season, then he doesn't even know if he'll be back next year, then his rehab is going well, then he's still not returning this year, then he thinks he can, one more time he says he won't be back this year, and now he says he could be ready by September? Why then, does the steroid testing end on September 1st? Just shut up and play whenever you are healthy, quit changing your mind.

-Saw a preview for season 3 of The OC for the first time yesterday, let's all hope it is better than season 2. When I say better, I mean more unbelievable plot twists, more characters completely forgotten about, and even worse acting from Mischa Barton. By the way, my pick for character not returning for a 4th season, Summer Roberts.

-If Finley wants a ring, he will not go to the Nuggets. If all he wants is a ring, he will go to Miami, San Antonio, or Detroit and that's it.

-Will there be another tournament this year with Vijay, Phil, Retief, and Tiger all in the field? Maybe The Tour Championship, but that would be it and that's a shame. This is why the PGA should shorten its season. We don't need tournaments every week. If there were only 2-3 a month at most, people would be much more interested in each event because the top players in the world would play in a vast majority of them.

-Is ESPN Hollywood one of the 7 signs of the apocolypse?

-Has anyone seen Quite Frankly with Steven A. Smith, and if so can you let me know if I am missing anything other than him screaming at the camera?

-Another non-sport issue here, but it is something which really angers me. I was driving home from my parents' house tonight and saw a biker coming down the road. My problem with this is that he was driving in the lane of traffic going in the opposite direction he was. Read carefully, walkers and runners are supposed to go against traffic, bikers are supposed to ride WITH TRAFFIC! This is one of my great pet peeves and I can't stand when I see it. Don't people who ride their bike enough know how to ride on the street? Are there laws to prevent this? I know police officers don't have a lot of time to stop bikers who are riding on the wrong side of the road, but it is very dangerous and needs to be dealt with. I feel very strongly about this.

-Finally, if you want to watch men risking their lives (literally) for sport, check out The Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. It's on Tuesday nights and is absolutely incredible to watch. What these men do for 3 days on the open ocean to catch crab is quite brave, dangerous, scary, and breathtaking. You may never want to eat crab again after watching this program, just so these guys don't have to do this for a living anymore.

-Until next time...

4 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Loved the post Nate, and honestly, you broke the Lazer news to me. I've been more of a Rock 102.1 guy as of late, but still large news nonetheless. So let it be official, your blog broke that news to me. Eat your heart out Racquet News boards.

8:14 AM

 
Blogger Justin said...

I saw that yesterday too when I read it on the JS Online's daily blog. WTF? The good news is I only listened to it for Bob and Brian, and the Hog now allows you to listen via the internet so I can now listen to the show at work (which I'm doing now)

9:55 AM

 
Blogger nate said...

I agree, and I am also listening to The Hog on the internet. God Speed Marilyn Mee, Phish, and Kramp.

10:13 AM

 
Blogger nate said...

Oh yeah, and just for the record, it could come up as a trivia question down the line, so here's the anser: The first song ever played on 102.9 The Hog was Stranglehold by Ted Nuggent.

10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home