Wednesday, August 10, 2005

...Of the Day

Story: T.O. leaves Eagles camp today after a dispute with Andy Reid. This is getting so disgusting that this is the last you will ever see me mentioning it.

What the...?: Apparently a contract dispute has lead to Garcia bolting Our Turn Next to simply write full time for the Brew City Beat. I guess the selecting all of his writting, and then copy and paste function has been wearing on him, so he needs to concentrate on just one site. Unfortunately for us, it is not this one. He has been bringing some of the best ideas and most well-written posts to this site and it saddens me to see him go, but I do understand this is a business and he has to do what is best for his family. If he ever decides to come back, I for one will welcome him back with open arms. Gaddis may not be so welcoming, however.

Link: Seriously, the Sports Guy's mailbags are some of the best things I have ever read, and that includes A Tale of Two Cities.

Random Thought: If you're in a new area and are looking to meet new people, my cousin swears by myspace.com

Prediction: The Garcia holdout won't last very long (at least I hope it doesn't).

-Until next time...

3 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

Gaddis, I like it. The Wisconsin sites I go to are, jsonline.com, the wisconsin high school basketball site, and that's pretty much it. other than brew city beat, i don't visit that many sites. as far as marketing ideas, i like the idea of student writers from state schools writting in on our site. that way, each school could be featured. once this created enough pub, we could actually start a site instead of a blog. or we could just start the site anyway, they're really not that expensive. the way to market it would be advertising in student newspapers, or mass emails to schools. i like the idea gaddis, but i have liked many of our ideas, and this blog is the only one which has stuck. we actually need to follow through on some more of these.

9:39 AM

 
Blogger nate said...

Oh yeah, Gaddis, what are you doing this weekend? Any chance you would want to go to lax?

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Todd said...

To start, there's a reason Gaddis has GM written all over him. You don't welcome back those who have left and/or don't want to be there. If JG comes back now, all it will do is tear this site apart, ala Mike McKenzie in GB.

However, I'm all for the one big website. I say our first hire is D. Reeder, the Patriot himself. He can pen a column called, "The Minnesota Bias." But I really like the idea. As long as we start small and don't aim too big, it could be a lot of fun and eventually, quite successful. Count me in.

9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home