Tuesday, August 02, 2005

...Of the Day

Story: I'd say Ryan Franklin getting busted for steroids a day after Rafael Palmeiro, but fankly, he's not a big enough name. I'm going to have to go with Shaq taking a pay cut for more years to stay in Miami. He could have made $30 million this season and then been a free agent, but instead will make $20 million each year for the next 5.

What the...?: Not sports related, but as I was visiting cnn.com as one of my morning rituals, I was greeted by a red "breaking news" banner which read something to the effect of, "London police investigating smoke and possible explosions on Bus. More details later". When I went back to check on this later in the day, there was absolutely nothing about it anywhere on the site. What the...? What happened? Was there a story? Was this a story which was in the hopper just in case it actually happened and someone accidentally posted it? I need the answers. I don't care if no one else who reads this saw what I saw, it was there one minute and gone the next.

Link: I completely stole this from the Sports Guy's Intern, but it is a great read. USA Today surveyed fans to find out which was their favorite radio broadcast team. Here are the results.

Random Thought: They should really start showing replays of close plays on the screens at stadiums again. The umps don't have to watch, but the fans need to know if they are outraged for a reason.

Prediction: The Florida Gators will finish in the top three in the SEC this season.

Until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

As far as any insight I have, replay screens in stadiums will only show replays of close plays that they believe the home team is correct. They don't want to give umps or the other team evidence that they are correct.

8:08 AM

 
Blogger Justin said...

Gaddis, you need to stop with your raging Urban Meyer-Chris Leak-Florida Boner. They'll be a disappointment. 2nd or 3rd in the SEC and anywhere from 3-5 in the SEC. The fourth or fifth best team in a conference, regardless of how tough it is, isn't going to be cracking the top 10.

11:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home