Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New Addition

Thanks to Nate and Gaddis for allowing me to post. I will be referred to as Coach for this blog. My major points of emphasis will be relating to high school and middle school athletics, mostly from a coaching standpoint, a slight referee view, and advice I have for you, the reader, as you prepare to begin families and possibly have athletes. This, of course, is an exception for Gaddis, who will have to be on the prescription drug, Homocyl, due to his son's involvement with dance and male cheerleading.

I don't know when I will post next so I won't even write about when I plan to write.

To the readers, I will pose this statement. Defend your position on why starting kids at an early level in (a) sport(s) is/isn't a good thing. I look forward to reading your responses.

5 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

How early is an early age?

8:05 AM

 
Blogger hucklebuck said...

Why pushing kids in sports is bad...see Todd Marinovich. Why pushing kids in sports is good...see Tiger Woods.

Is this Phil Benson or some other Phil?

8:50 AM

 
Blogger nate said...

it's definitely phil benson

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Phil said...

We're thinking about earlier than 5th grade.

5:24 PM

 
Blogger hucklebuck said...

Dear Phil,

Should I be targeting tall, burly women as potential mates so our future offspring will have the necessary physical tools to dominant the sports world? Even if it means courting girls with mustaches and poorly defined cankles.

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home